Sunday, September 26, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Posted by Natalia Khon at 10:04 PM
Monday, September 6, 2010
I would like to keep this event in my memory... It was a fantastic event... that I missed, alas. It took place in Ukraine and was coordinated by Yurij Shumanskij, the owner of a magazine devoted to the art of beaded jewellery called "Modnyj".
He invited three designers out of the founders of the International Association of Designers "Art-Biser" to be part of a jury. And yes, I have something to do with it, as I am among its founders too.
No way I could join the event (though a couple of people actually came from the USA to be part of jury), but I was lucky to participate in the discussions of the jury girls: Irina Belinskaya, Albina Plyanskaya and Anjelica Susoenkova. It was interesting to look at the Festival from inside, even being a half a planet away from it!
Here are a few pictures that I borrowed from Y.Shumanskij web-site:
1) In this picture you may see (left to right): I.Belinskaya (President of the International Association "Art-Biser"), A.Susoenkova, A.Polyanskaya and S.Bacileva:
2) Irina's necklace is something, isn't it? By the way, the red roses at the top of this page are made by her also:
3) S.Bacileva is teaching a free of charge (as one of the the sponsors of the "Art-Biser" association) lesson of kniting with beads:
4) This is a displey of the Internation Association "Art-Biser":
5) Models wearing jury girls' jewellery:
6) The outfit made by S.Bacileva that got the first prize:
7) Famous I.Belinskaya's necklace (thinking how to translate the name... maybe as a "Russian Phoenix" or "Fire-bird" - it is from a fairy-tale):
Posted by Natalia Khon at 8:54 PM