Thursday, August 13, 2015
|A rock crystal, enamel, seed pearl and diamond brooch, circa 1880 The cut-cornered step-cut rock crystal within a scrolling openwork surround of blue, black and white enamel, highlighted at the cardinal points with seed pearl buds, and accented with rose-cut diamonds, length 4.5cm|
Here is another awesome pie recipe by Anna! If you have not seen her Blackberry pie, check it out here.
You can see all Anna's guest posts here.
For this recipe you will need 3 bowls for mixing of the ingredients. It will take about 15 minutes to prepare the dough and 5-10 minutes to make the pears ready. The result will amaze you!
4 pears (the juicier the better!)
Wheat flour - 7 oz (200 g)
Sugar - 5 oz (150 g)
Milk - 5 oz (150 g)
Butter - 2,5 - 3 oz (80 g)
Dark chocolate - 3,5 oz (100 g)
Baking powder - 1,5 tsp
1. Divide whites and yolks. Beat up the whites. Mix the egg yolks thoroughly with the sugar.
2. Beat up the butter; then slowly add the egg yolks with the sugar, milk, flour and baking powder to it.
3. Gently stir the whites into the dough.
4. Divide the dough into two parts. Grate the dark chocolate and stir into one of the parts.
5. Peal the pairs and cut them into thin slices.
6. Grease the baking dish with the butter (my dish was 10" in diameter). Pour the dark dough into it first. Then place 2/3 of your pears. Then pour the light colored dough over the top and place the rest of your pears.
7. Bake for 40 minutes at 375 F. Go by the pears to decide if the pie is ready. They should become rosy.
8. Sprinkle the pie with the powdered sugar when it is ready (if you like powdered sugar).